Monday 18 July 2011

Where does the time go......

Where indeed does the time go? OMG I'll be 40 before I know it and that means I don't have much longer to complete my challenges!!

Another busy month, but hey I am having a ball!!! They say life begins at 40 well I tell you what I'm living mine to the full now so god knows what I'm gonna do when it begins!! (",)

Quick update on the month of June:

Week 1
I had a little bit of a woman's op on the1st of June, nothing major and all OK, but I stupidly (as I do) didn't listen to the nurse when she said rest a few days! I went to Castleton with Ken and the kids and went up and down the many steps of the Blue John Mine and then foolishly attempted to climb some bl00dy hill opposite (mam tor or something??) I was conscious that Snowdon wasn't far off and I needed some practice, what I didn't think about was what the nurse had said and ended up in agony... anyway we live and learn and after a weekend of rest I was back to normal (as normal as can be!!)    
 Was Ken's birthday too so we had a trip to Go Outdoors for new boots and I started to get a bit giddy about Snowdon.

Week 2
 I took Ken to the comedy store for his birthday treat and  we had a great night, it was the Edinburgh previews and although there was one good comedian I have to confess I fell asleep during the second act!! not a good sign eh?? had a few more drinks after and really enjoyed the night.
That weekend brought with it my mate Shelley's 40th party, was a really good night with some great company, a chance to introduce Ken to the dancing girls too and because I'd organised Leeds and helped with the buffet, Shelley bought me a beautiful bracelet and some flowers.

Week 3
Show time, number 16 on the list. Taking part in the 'Nicholson Academy's Next Generation' show at the Royal Northern College of Music, was ace!! I have been dancing since I was 3 and have always loved the buzz of the stage, (yes I know I am a show off!! ) but dancing with these girls is always such a laugh, we all get on really well and can quite easily take the mick out of each other without offending. Igot a bit giddy on the dress rehearsal and had a tad too much of my special water, ended up slurring my words before my 3rd dance! Wasn't good and spent the rest of the afternoon sobering up before the evening performance. The shows were great and even Ken enjoyed himself! (so he says!)       

Week 4
From tap shoes to football boots!! Number 14 on the list, play in a girls football team. It was the Mono annual football tournament and I captained the ladies team, was a great day with a lot of laughs! we didn't win needless to say. Can't imagine we'd ever beat 6 blokes teams, although I did show a few goalie skills and won a prize for the most saved goals in one match and Melly one player of the tournament after being voted player of the match the most. was a great day but not sure I could do it again... we'll see...... 
Sunday was supposed to be a last minute attempt to get some walking in before Snowdon, needless to say we were both aching after the football and decided a walk round Daisy nook after tea would have to make do instead!

So that was June, bring on July with Snowdon, graduation and sports day!!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment