Thursday 26 May 2011

Me Again, late to blog as always!!!

Hey...

Another crazy few weeks have gone by! where does the time go??? I can't believe what I get up to these days, so busy its untrue! We tried to book a lie in the other day, looking like some time in August maybe!! :)

Anyway, here's the goss of whats been happening since I last blogged.

29/4 - 02/05 The big 'outing'
The weekend of the Royal wedding was an eventful one, watched it and weeped like any girl at a wedding and then had a BBQ at mothers (in the wind!) with a few scoops and had a really nice relaxing day. On the Saturday we started rehearsals for the upcoming 'next generation' show being held at Royal Northern college of music on 18/19th June, (big plug there!) it was great to see how all the little ones have grown and how much they have progressed since the last show, got to have a sneaky peek at the other dances and got a tad excited at how the show will turn out.

Saturday night we went to one of many 40th Parties we will be attending this year, this one was for a girl from work. Now the thing is nobody at work knew (note I say knew) about me and my fella seeing each other, yes we do work together, so this was also the night of us 'coming out' we knew of a couple of the guests that were attending but not about the one who would eventually 'out' us at work. Don't get me wrong, its not an issue us seeing one another and not really a problem that people at work knew, we just wanted to leave it as long as possible and try to avoid being the works gossip. This of course was not to be! By Tuesday morning (Monday was bank holiday!) the world of Mono were aware that I am seeing Mr Ken Ball and that I had indeed touched his bottom at the bar! (Harlot!) There were mixed reactions and a lot of "no ways" and "how did you manage to keep it a secret so long",  but on the whole the news was taken quite well and I apparently have made a good catch!! :)  A while before the news broke at work, I had already created the Ken Ball Appreciation Society (KBAS) due to the fact that whenever I had told the secret to friends they all went on about how much they loved him! (",). Anyway so there it was out in the open.

That weekend was quite an eventful one for me actually, there was the work 'outing' and I also met Ken's family for the first time too, was a tad nervous to be fair but all seemed OK in the end...( I think they liked me?? LOL)
We went for a bike ride with Lizzie his daughter on the Monday, I think Ken was actually out to kill me! we did the Hadfield trail, 6 miles along lovely scenic views... sounds nice??? AGAINST THE WIND!!! not so nice! :( anyway I somehow survived and made it to the end and to be honest the ride back was well worth it!         

06/05- 08/5 York
The following weekend brought with it Katie's hen weekend in York, what a ball! We rented a 5 bed town house in York for 10 of us and had such a fab weekend! Friday night we met at Erika's (Katie's big sis) and a minibus collected us and drove us to the house, once there we had a slumber party with pizza's, cakes etc... and a karaoke session! The Lowe sisters are ace singers and absolutely fantastic hosts and I had such a good night I didn't want to go to bed!

Saturday we woke to a wonderful cooked breakfast made by Sarah, (another sister) and then ventured into York for the afternoon, a few beers on the riverside, a bit of shopping, a lot of LIPPing and then back to the house for cream teas and champagne on the patio at 5pm. (heaven!!)

Saturday night we dressed in 70's gear and went on the river cruise, it was ace! A fab night was had by all including the bride to be who happened to throw up UP the stairs in a nightclub around about midnight! Needless to say we were all back in our PJ's by 12.30 relaxing and enjoying each others company!

14/05-15/05 Leeds

Another weekend later and there I was packing my bags and sodding off again!! This time to Leeds to celebrate one of my best mates 40th and also knock a few things off the list! including my final Lipp in my 4th city, (No 5)  a pop video (No 4) and karaoke on my own (27)!!

Saturday Morning, there we were drinking champagne on the train with our Black hoodies on and our goody bags given to us by Shelley (birthday girl) I had organised this one so felt the need to make sure everything went just right! I had given everybody instruction packs as to who they were sharing with, an itinerary of the weekend and of course their teams. Ha ha, we basically split into 4 teams of 5 and I set a list of challenges for every team to complete. Ttotally broke the ice for those that didn't really know anybody and got the party started in style.

Saturday afternoon, we made the pop video, OMG what fun!! I would recommend that to any group of girls who are up for a laugh, we had a BALL! We had pre chosen Blondie's One way or Another and the choreographer came up with some great routines to suit us all, if the finished product is as good as it looked when we were making it it will be awesome!!!

Saturday night we dressed as gangsters and went full swing to the OK Karaoke bar, we had teams songs, group songs and of course my very own solo!!! I sang Black eyed peas, tonights gonna be a good night! I actually think I danced more than I sang but nevertheless I was up there on my own giving it my all!!!

Another fantastic weekend away with such fab friends.

If the last few months have shown me nothing else they have proved to me what a great bunch of friends I have, I am privileged enough to have a lot of friends and in fact on the three weekends away that I have been on none of them were with the same people, that shows either two things, I am a popular lady with fab friends who love to party or I will indeed attend the opening of an envelope!!! ha ha

Anyway, I digress, Sunday we carried on with the laughter on the train home and finished our weekend together reminding each other of the many silly things we had got up to!

Sunday afternoon, I met Ken in Manchester as he had just completed the 10K Greater Manchester run in 54 mins... was gutted I wasn't there to see him finish but did give him a big hug to show him how proud I was. That night we went for an Italian to celebrate and I had to remind him that all though he might have run 10k and lost a few pounds I still had 40lbs to lose and really must get on with it!!! :(     

21-22May - Triathlon
This weekend was another busy one albeit somewhat more relaxed and sober than the previous two!  A party for Cameron for his cousin Enya's 4th birthday saw us up and out at 10am Saturday, there we were with no lie in again, running around bizzy bouncers and having a great time, Saturday afternoon I had dance rehearsals and Saturday night I chilled at Ken's whilst Laura and Cameron had a take away and Dr Who evening.

Sunday we were up nice an early and got set to watch Ken in the cheshire triathlon, we took Lizzie with us and lots of home made banners and flags to cheer him on. Our flags all had KBAS (see previously mentioned) and Lizzie provided whistles, 2 kids with whistles and a deep K B A S chant did not bode well with the organiser let me tell you!!! Anyway, Ken did the triathlon in 1hr 4mins and 10 seconds, a fantastic achievement if you ask me! He came 19th out of 74 and was only 10 minutes behind the guy that came 1st!!! Seriously couldn't tell him how proud I was!!!!! This of course deserved another celebratory meal and off we went for an Indian (40lbs before January?? what do we reckon!!)

So here we are another weekend fast approaching, and yes its full of plans!!! out with Ken, out with the girls, a walk up Dovestones and a trip to Bangor to bring my princess home from uni.....I'm sure I'll fill you all in soon!!!

Anyway, that was May!!! lets see what the month of June brings... Birthdays, parties, Dance show and the Mono football tournament. look out June here I come!

Thanks for reading I know it was a long one and yes if I blogged more they wouldn't be!!!
Take care
XXXX XXX       



1 comment:

  1. Well you certainly keeping busy Kathy! Glad you 'out' with your man - if you happy why not let everybody know about it. If I were you I would seriously consider sacking off the 40lbs bit and swap it for 40 pounds in money instead! Enjoy what comes your way - don't let 40lbs get in the way. You're liked and loved as you are and that's all that matters! Well I hope June is just as eventful for you - and as enjoyable!
    Take Care,
    Love Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete